THE MORGAN FAMILY
Neil and Maude Morgan, with their sons, Tom and Jerry, built and developed the first 8 cabins, home and office from 1948 to 1956. Later, the property on the other side of the highway was added, making 16 total acres. The Moose Lodge came as a part of that addition. In the 1960’s and 70’s, 4 large cabins, a restaurant (The Country Kitchen) and “Mary’s House” (later the Trout Lodge) were completed. Although ranching continued to dominate, fly-fishing grew in importance to the economy of the valley during those years. Tom Morgan became a well-known fishing guide and went on to purchase the Winston Rod Company after his family sold El Western.